Presentation of the Wuerffel Trophy
The Wuerffel Trophy presentation is made annually at the All Sports Association’s Awards Banquet each February in Fort Walton Beach, FL. The The All Sports Association membership is made up of dues paying volunteers whose primary mission is to provide contribution of time to raise money for local youth oriented non-profit organizations with an emphasis on sports programs. Through the efforts of the association with the annual banquet, the group helps fund numerous worthwhile sports organizations and charitable causes. Main beneficiaries of the All Sports Association are the local YMCA, Boys and Girls Club, Special Olympics and Okaloosa & Walton Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
The 2016 Wuerffel Trophy will be presented at the 48th Annual All Sports Association Awards Dinner on February 10, 2017 at the Emerald Coast Convention Center in Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Emerald Coast Convention Center Website
(site of the 48th All Sports Association Banquet)
Schedule of Events for the Week (times are approximate):
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- 12:00 pm – Hall of Fame Induction / Past Presidents Luncheon (limited to Past Presidents, Hall of Fame members and invited guests)
Thursday, February 9, 2016
- 12:00 pm – Corporate Golf Outing, Fort Walton Beach Golf Club
- 5:00pm – Fish Fry, Hosted by the Hall of Fame Committee, Northwest Florida Fairgrounds – Featured Speaker: Steve Spurrier
Friday, February 10, 2016
- FCA Breakfast – 7:30am – The Arena at Northwest Florida State College, Niceville, FL – Speaker: 2010 Wuerffel Trophy Recipient Sam Acho
- VIP Gathering – 4:30pm – Harry T’s Lighthouse– Destin, FL
- 48th Annual All Sports Awards Dinner – 6:30pm – Emerald Coast Convention Center – Keynote Speaker: University of Miami Head Coach Mark Richt